Tuesday, November 26, 2013

After Surgery ! (4 Days Post Op)

Surgery went extremely well...and despite the pain, I couldn't be happier with my decision.

Surgery Day : Surgery day was a very lonnnnnng day ! My surgery was scheduled for 12:30pm but I didn't go to the operating room until around 2:30pm. The surgery lasted about 3 hrs for a total of 3 toes. I initially thought I was going to have 4 toes operated on, but my surgeon said that my 3rd metatarsal on my left foot did not need any growth. So he left that one alone. After surgery, I did't experience much pain, more so just tightness and pressure around the foot. It was "pain" that I could tolerate. Plus, the pain medicine helped A LOT !

1 Day Post Op : The next day, I saw the physical therapist who taught me how to use my Walker and Crutches. And the Dr. came in to see me so he can show me how to turn the fixator. After that, I was good to go ! And home I went !

When I got home, I was instructed by my doctor to take it easy for the first 3 days, and that's exactly what I did. I kept my feet elevated and iced. I only walked when needed...(bathroom, kitchen) and when I did walk, I used my walker. Walking gets better with each day...it's definitely not the easiest and that's the time where I feel the most "pain". But it is tolerable. Right now i'm just taking it slow and steady for a safe recovery.

Today is 4 Days Post Op and I plan on still taking it easy, but walking a little bit more. My Dr. says, that the sooner I get up and start walking around, the better. So that's the plan, however, I'm not going to rush my self.

All in all...things are going great !

If you have any questions about my recovery with Brachymetatarsia, or just want to chit chat because you have this deformity also, you are more than welcome to email me at thebrachylessgirl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment