Tuesday, November 19, 2013

3 Days Before Surgery

Hey everyone... Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. If you stumbled upon this, chances are, you already know what Brachymetatarsia is. I am 24 and have lived with this condition for more than half of my life, and I finally get to have it corrected. I will be having 2 external fixators placed on both feet...well...because...I have Brachymetapodia...because two of my toes are short...not just one. I'm super excited about this surgery because I know this will be a life changing experience. For yearssss I have hid my feet. Avoided pools, water parks, beaches, any event that required you to show your feet...I did not participate in. So I missed out on a lot of things growing up...simply because of my embarassment of my feet. And of course, I have never worn a pair of flip flops out in public, a day in my life !!! Although i've always wanted to. Not to mention that the short toes started to cause me pain in my feet a few yrs back. But that will all soon change...and I can not wait to be a Brachyless Girl !!!! :D Here are some pics of my feet before surgery...

If you have any questions about my recovery with Brachymetatarsia, or just want to chit chat because you have this deformity also, you are more than welcome to email me at thebrachylessgirl@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Hi Brachylessgirl. Can you tell me how did the surgery go? I also have brachymetapodia and I would like to fix this problem.

    ReplyDelete